Sunday, February 12, 2012

Egg Muffins

I used a recipe I saw on pinterest for inspiration to make this amazingly simple breakfast.


Ingredients:
5 Slices of Bacon cooked
6 Eggs
Vegetables! Pick any kind of veggies you think would taste good in these muffins. I used mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and some garlic.
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Throw the cooked bacon in to the food processor and pulse until it's finely chopped. Of course you can use a knife for this, but using my food processor makes me happy! :) Do the same thing with your veggies. Add everything into a large bowl. Now crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk the yolks and egg whites together. Add the eggs to the veggie mixture and stir everything together.

At this point I felt like adding a little more fat so I poured in a bit of the grease that was left over from cooking the bacon. Of course you don't have to. Spoon the egg mixture into a greased (grease it good or they'll stick!) muffin pan. Don't fill them up completely or they will spill over the edges. Throw them in to oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is set in the middle.

The recipe will make about 12-15 muffins depending on how many vegetables you add. I throw these in the fridge and heat two up every morning for breakfast. You can play around with adding different meat like sausage or beef instead. It's fast and so easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment